Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max head detection problem

So I'm having this weird issue whenever I put on my AirPods Max, it makes this click noise in the left earcup and automatically activates ANC for a few seconds before it goes back to transparency mode. It also does this if I adjust the headphones on my head without taking them off. It's only been happening recently and I have a feeling it's something wrong with the sensors with the head detection. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

I've also tried resetting the AirPods (Holding down the buttons until it goes amber) still to no avail and I'm running the latest firmware.

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 10:10 PM

pnick111 Said:

"AirPods Max head detection problem: So I'm having this weird issue whenever I put on my AirPods Max, it makes this click noise in the left earcup and automatically activates ANC for a few seconds before it goes back to transparency mode.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 10:10 PM in response to pnick111

pnick111 Said:

"AirPods Max head detection problem: So I'm having this weird issue whenever I put on my AirPods Max, it makes this click noise in the left earcup and automatically activates ANC for a few seconds before it goes back to transparency mode.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

AirPods Max head detection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.