Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Upgrade locked Macbook

Just before finishing the upgrade to Monterey my Macbook Pro 2019 shutdown and is completely dead. Took it to repair and was told it was locked and I would need to go into iCloud to unlock it but, it was grayed out and when I clicked the icon it disappeared!!?? Now it seems to be gone and it will not power on at all. Can I take it to an apple store with my sales receipt and get it back? I can't afford to buy another one.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:44 AM

Xenazpa wrote:

Just before finishing the upgrade to Monterey my Macbook Pro 2019 shutdown and is completely dead. Took it to repair and was told it was locked and I would need to go into iCloud to unlock it but, it was grayed out and when I clicked the icon it disappeared!!?? Now it seems to be gone and it will not power on at all. Can I take it to an apple store with my sales receipt and get it back?

Yes, that seems a good course of action.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 5:44 AM in response to Xenazpa

Xenazpa wrote:

Just before finishing the upgrade to Monterey my Macbook Pro 2019 shutdown and is completely dead. Took it to repair and was told it was locked and I would need to go into iCloud to unlock it but, it was grayed out and when I clicked the icon it disappeared!!?? Now it seems to be gone and it will not power on at all. Can I take it to an apple store with my sales receipt and get it back?

Yes, that seems a good course of action.

Monterey Upgrade locked Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.