Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to get any support for mac mini. support notes no options for disbled persons.

My Mac mini M1 stopped working. I purchased Apple Care Plus to avoid any problems should my Mac mini fail. Since November I have been in contact with Apple re my mini. Apple support has stated that my logic/memory boards are failed.

Apple escalated my request to “Customer relations” where I was told Apple has no way for me to have my computer repaired outside taking it to a apple store.

‘’The rep Aiden flat out stated that there was nothing possible to accommodate disabled customers?

I find this hard to believe but so far have had no success.

I am unable to get to a store. Was told no onsite option is available and told that is it not possible to mail in my Mac mini.

…any help is apprecaited. My next steps I guess will be federal and state outreach if nothing else is possible.

thnaks for any help

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 8:16 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help. Yes, you are correct that there is no legal recourse to compel Apple to provide repairs onsite. In fact, I do not even want onsite service. With Covid, it would be better for all if the cpu could be sent in like every other time.

Obviously things have changed at Apple and I have not kept up.

I have decided that I give up on this. The mini will never be fixed by apple. The stress of it is simply not worth it.

‘I will mail the cpu to Cupertino and maybe they can fix and give it someone that could use it once repaired.

again, thanks for the reply.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 8:16 AM in response to hcsitas

Thank you for taking the time to help. Yes, you are correct that there is no legal recourse to compel Apple to provide repairs onsite. In fact, I do not even want onsite service. With Covid, it would be better for all if the cpu could be sent in like every other time.

Obviously things have changed at Apple and I have not kept up.

I have decided that I give up on this. The mini will never be fixed by apple. The stress of it is simply not worth it.

‘I will mail the cpu to Cupertino and maybe they can fix and give it someone that could use it once repaired.

again, thanks for the reply.

Dec 21, 2021 10:20 PM in response to Disabledwarrior

Disabledwarrior Said:

"unable to get any support for mac mini. support notes no options for disbled persons.: My Mac mini M1 stopped working. I purchased Apple Care Plus to avoid any problems should my Mac mini fail. Since November I have been in contact with Apple re my mini. Apple support has stated that my logic/memory boards are failed.[...]"

-------

Need to Prove Something?:

Screenshare with Apple:

If this information is incorrect, contact Apple Support back, this time screensharing this, so they can see this firsthand from your perspective.  Use my User Tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - User Tip

Dec 21, 2021 10:56 PM in response to Disabledwarrior

Thank you for the reply. Apple does not seem to give a darn about any of that…each time (we are at 10 support sessions at least. Apple has chatted, remote signed onto my Mac, called me and done each of those things multiple times.

Apple has little regard for,helping disabled customers no I would like to help change this for me no others.

I will try to screenshare where helpful. Thank you

Dec 22, 2021 2:48 AM in response to Disabledwarrior

I commend you for taking up this cause, but be advised that legally there is no recourse either in state or federal law to demand on-premises repair because you’re handicapped. It’s better IMO to plead for this separately with Apple, maybe with a direct letter to their CEO. In the meantime, you should seek assistance within your friend community to enable you to carry-in your machine to the nearest Apple Store. Good luck, all the best!

unable to get any support for mac mini. support notes no options for disbled persons.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.