Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacBook Air M1 dead after 2 months very light use.

Ireland.

I bought my MacBook Air M1 over 2 months ago and I have been using a very little of it. Now when I was going to need it and relying on it as I needed for work and other professional purposes suddenly didn’t turn on. After trying all I contacted support and after all they booked me appointment for inspection. On the inspection I was informed that the motherboard is dead and they need to replace it. I was ready to pay little bit extra for replace my computer for newer ones but I was told that they can’t do that. After spending two hours trying to fix it with Apple support then traveling over one hour one way to repair center I am left with no computer badly needed. When I contacted Apple support again asking if they can help me as this MacBook was nearly new and I see there was a lot of issues with same, so I would be happy to pay little bit more and get newer MacBook Air M2 their advice was that after repair I can trade in to Apple. Two months old MacBook to get nothing for trade in, absolutely ridiculous.

I absolutely love Apple products but this is not a support I would expect from Apple.

I would appreciate if anyone could advise me .

Thank you.

Regards.

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:31 AM

If only two months old it's still under warranty. Have Apple evaluate it and make warranty covered repairs as necessary.

Apple does not do swaps.

The support is what you agreed to when you purchased the device.

Similar questions

2 replies

MacBook Air M1 dead after 2 months very light use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.