Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad got in contact with water and now won’t charge?

So I had left my iPad on the bed and then I accidentally spilled a small amount of water on said bed since I was half asleep. I’m not sure if water got directly into the iPad or if the problem was the device’s contact with the damp bedsheet, but today, after the iPad’s battery ran out (everything working good as usual) it just will not charge. I’ve already checked it’s not a problem with the chargers or cables and it’s just a meter of the iPad not recognizing the charger. Is there a way to fix this, or bring it to a shop so it can be fixed?

I have Apple Care but I don’t want to just get a replacement since there’s a bunch of data I have there and haven’t saved anywhere else.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:37 AM

I'd pretty much consider anything on the iPad a loss. Have it looked at if you wish, but.....

If you have Apple Care+ and are covered for accidental damage (https://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad/).

1 reply

iPad got in contact with water and now won’t charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.