Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi so i dropped water on my charging port and i when i tried to charge it several minutes later i got the notification saying that i needed to not charge it so i didn’t but that was a couple hours ago and my charger isn’t workin. anymore

i dropped a bit of water on myself around 2 pm today and the notification popped up that like i couldn’t charge it so i said ok and dismissed it and went to my friends house which i used my phone but i never thought that was a bad thing and i thought it just fry up by the time i’d get home and so when i did get home around 8 pm i went to go charge my phone and i didn’t so i changed everything and restarted my phone and it just won’t work so i wanna know if i gotta go to the apple store or best buy to get it fixed or if it’s just my phone charger

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:59 PM

More than likely, your iPhone has suffered water damage and, as you mentioned, at the charging port level. I recommend that you try another charger and/or a different power outlet. If you are still having difficulty charging your iPhone then have it examined at the Apple Store / Best Buy for further diagnosis.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 10:59 PM in response to botas21

More than likely, your iPhone has suffered water damage and, as you mentioned, at the charging port level. I recommend that you try another charger and/or a different power outlet. If you are still having difficulty charging your iPhone then have it examined at the Apple Store / Best Buy for further diagnosis.

Axel F.

hi so i dropped water on my charging port and i when i tried to charge it several minutes later i got the notification saying that i needed to not charge it so i didn’t but that was a couple hours ago and my charger isn’t workin. anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.