Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync music library to my iPhone 12 on new MacBook Pro 2021 14"

Cannot sync the library despite all the suggestions across the board - restarting the new MBP and iPhone, resetting location and privacy preferences to have the device trust the new map; and many other fixes - too many to list. I do not have subscription to Apple Music library or to iTunes Match.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:46 AM

Though I moved my library from my Windows PC to the new MBP even after correctly changing the file paths to reflect the Mac OS's naming conventions, AM would start the sync and finish in no time making the sync suspect. My assumption was AM would take care of the syncing as long as the library on the MBP was up-to-date with the right paths and the files. What finally solved the issue for me was to physically/deliberately/redundantly add the root folder containing my songs (not the default Music folder, but the one on a separate volume) to the library (File->Add to Library menu option). This did the trick and that's when I could see all my song's Artists/Albums/Genres and playlists show up in the list when I click the sync button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 9:46 AM in response to aaragam

Though I moved my library from my Windows PC to the new MBP even after correctly changing the file paths to reflect the Mac OS's naming conventions, AM would start the sync and finish in no time making the sync suspect. My assumption was AM would take care of the syncing as long as the library on the MBP was up-to-date with the right paths and the files. What finally solved the issue for me was to physically/deliberately/redundantly add the root folder containing my songs (not the default Music folder, but the one on a separate volume) to the library (File->Add to Library menu option). This did the trick and that's when I could see all my song's Artists/Albums/Genres and playlists show up in the list when I click the sync button.

Cannot sync music library to my iPhone 12 on new MacBook Pro 2021 14"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.