Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAIL not working after installing

I just installed OS Monterey and now Apple Mail is not working. Help please.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 11:37 AM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2021 4:36 PM in response to lllaass

I can't tell from the OP's submission if this my issue with Mail is the same issue they are experiencing, but here's what I am experiencing. Please see included additional text comment and crash report; I'm in the very early stages of troubleshooting my issue, but- as mentioned in the aforementioned comment and crash report- am able to use Mail on my MacBook Air (M1, 2020) in the interim.

PS/FYI: Former college Apple Student Rep here (like early 1990s!)- and former techie whose been a bit divorced from sysadmin/netadmin stuff for about 20 years as I took a detour away from Silicon Valley and served in US Military, got out, got injured and have been distracted by an SCI for 8 years or so now- so my apologies that I haven't figured this out yet. But thought maybe my info might help others. (Looks like a "start Mail in safe mode and troubleshoot, possibly checking settings and rebuilding mailboxes" kinda thing, but I don't know that yet. Could be interaction with AV or anti-spam software- or some silly extension- but just guessing at this early stage. Will post a follow-up if/when I learn more.)

Nov 1, 2021 10:37 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks Y'all for helping me! You guys are great and I am grateful for the quick answers!

For others with this problem, please remember to follow the Uninstall Avast method described (with screenshots) on the Avast website.

(NOTE: I would have saved myself quite a bit of time if I had not tried to do it myself first because it did not work. I had to restore everything from the previous days system and start over with the Avast instructions from their site and everything worked as it should.)

MAIL not working after installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.