Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think i need a new battery in my 2016 macbook

What is the best way to get a new battery for my MacBook. 2016 unit

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 2:17 PM

Hi, docbradleymitch, maybe i can help you -apple considers the battery a consumable product, measured in charge cycles, when your charge cycle count gets low, usually in the 100’s or less, and you see the ‘ service battery’ notice onscreen, then, yes, it’ll be time to replace your battery. You can do that by either a) finding your local AASP ( Apple authorized service provider) , making an appointment with them and taking it in for battery replacement or b) finding and contacting your local Apple store, make an appointment with them and take it in for a battery replacement..

hope that helped you

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 2:17 PM in response to docbradleymitch

Hi, docbradleymitch, maybe i can help you -apple considers the battery a consumable product, measured in charge cycles, when your charge cycle count gets low, usually in the 100’s or less, and you see the ‘ service battery’ notice onscreen, then, yes, it’ll be time to replace your battery. You can do that by either a) finding your local AASP ( Apple authorized service provider) , making an appointment with them and taking it in for battery replacement or b) finding and contacting your local Apple store, make an appointment with them and take it in for a battery replacement..

hope that helped you

john b

I think i need a new battery in my 2016 macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.