Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 factor authentication

how do i set up my new iphone i can’t do 2step authentication because my other device is broken

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 7:55 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

2 replies

Oct 30, 2021 8:22 PM in response to emmagang

Hi! Do you still have the SIM card of your trusted number?

If yes, you can insert the SIM card to your new phone. Then, setup the mew phone without an Apple ID. Once done, you can sign in your apple id through settings and you should be able to receive the verification code.

To setup the phone, once you're on Apps & Data screen, choose Don't transfer any apps. Then, tap "Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID" and there's an option to setup later in Settings.

If you don't have the SIM card anymore, you can either request to your carrier to get a SIM card with the same number of the trusted number then do the steps above. Or, request for account recovery.

2 factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.