Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD replacement

My MacBook Pro uses a SSD128Gb. It is almost full, I can't install the last update from Apple because it need more space (gb), I would like to know if its possible to change this SSD for other with more capacity.

I'm thinking of one SSD 512gb. Anyway, I just to know Apple doesn't do this job so I'm open to any recommendations.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 12:31 AM

Radoc1965 Said:

"SSD replacement: My MacBook Pro uses a SSD128Gb. It is almost full, I can't install the last update from Apple because it need more space (gb), I would like to know if its possible to change this SSD for other with more capacity. I'm thinking of one SSD 512gb. Anyway, I just to know Apple doesn't do this job so I'm open to any recommendations."

-------

No. This is not an option, because all items are soldered on to the LogicBoard to make the Mac operate as one full device.

So, what to do: Rid of items that you do not need, including Movies & TV Shows, and many other things that take up GBs and GBs of data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 12:31 AM in response to Radoc1965

Radoc1965 Said:

"SSD replacement: My MacBook Pro uses a SSD128Gb. It is almost full, I can't install the last update from Apple because it need more space (gb), I would like to know if its possible to change this SSD for other with more capacity. I'm thinking of one SSD 512gb. Anyway, I just to know Apple doesn't do this job so I'm open to any recommendations."

-------

No. This is not an option, because all items are soldered on to the LogicBoard to make the Mac operate as one full device.

So, what to do: Rid of items that you do not need, including Movies & TV Shows, and many other things that take up GBs and GBs of data.

Oct 31, 2021 1:23 AM in response to Radoc1965

Radoc1965 Said:

"SSD replacement: Thank you so much The Littles. I think the solution is to buy another one with more space.: Anyway have a great day."

-------

You are welcome. Note that I have the same Mac version, and use it for backup, when my main Mac is being serviced. So, consider using the Mac that you have as a backup device, and to get one you should rely on. So, I'd go with an upgrade.

SSD replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.