Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts app: hangs when printing list in landscape mode

This was a problem with Big Sur also, nothing seems to have changed in Monterey. If I try to print out a list from a group in my iCloud Contacts using the Mac app, when I switch to landscape mode the app will hang and I have to force quit. Other alterations to the content can also trigger this hang but landscape mode is the most obvious.

With Big Sur I have been able to go to iCloud.com and print out the same list there without any problem, but I notice that this is not working every time in Monterey. I have managed a correct print but also several failed ones as the commands for Select All and Print don't seem to work correctly every time.

Hopefully a glitch that will be mended in due course... has anyone had the same issue or know of a simple workaround? Reboot into Safe Mode does not remedy the situation.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 4:45 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 1, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Alan Perry

Hello there Alan Perry,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand you're having some issues when trying to print in landscape mode, or changing other settings. To get started, have you had a chance to see if this happens with more than one printer? What specific model of printer are you using now?

Have you already checked with the manufacturer of the printer for any software or driver updates as well? In the meantime, let's go over the rest of these general steps here: Solve printing problems on Mac

Then be sure to reset the printing system on your Mac: Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem and then restart your Mac before testing again. Any change at all?

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Nov 22, 2021 6:34 AM in response to Matthew.S81

I would be adding "I have this problem too" to the thread.

As I'm a completely different user, it seems it's the same symptoms.

For me - I want to print a list - within a group.

All goes well - I only;y want the names (no address, phone or picture).

If I'm on landscape - all OK.

Switch to A4 (I'm in UK).

Switch to portrait - spinning ball and have to restart.

For me, the landscape to portrait is the trigger.

Callum

Contacts app: hangs when printing list in landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.