Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when editing a video.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem of this "there was an error saving this video. Please try again later." I am trying to rotate my video, and that message keeps popping up. I tried restarting the phone and closing the app. That does not work. I made the video using the iPhone camera, so I don't understand why there is an error.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 9:33 AM

Hi nanate28,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with saving an edited video on your iPhone. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Do other videos that weren't edited save as expected? If not, we'd recommend checking your local iPhone storage with the steps here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If other videos save or you have enough storage, test sending the video to yourself via email or Messages and saving again to your Photo library to edit and test.

Also, we recommend checking out the guide here for tips on editing photos on your iPhone: Edit photos and videos on iPhone

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 9:33 AM in response to nanate28

Hi nanate28,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with saving an edited video on your iPhone. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Do other videos that weren't edited save as expected? If not, we'd recommend checking your local iPhone storage with the steps here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If other videos save or you have enough storage, test sending the video to yourself via email or Messages and saving again to your Photo library to edit and test.

Also, we recommend checking out the guide here for tips on editing photos on your iPhone: Edit photos and videos on iPhone

Best!

Error when editing a video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.