You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stuck in update mode

My laptop died while my iPhone 11 was plugged into the laptop and was updating. Now it’s stuck in the update mode. What do I do

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:15 AM

Hi nnolan82,

We see your iPhone progress got stuck after your computer died during an update. Here's a resource to help with that: Apple logo with progress bar after updating or restoring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's an excerpt from that article that you'll want to follow: "if the update or restore never completes or your device is unresponsive, force your device to restart."

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 11:15 AM in response to nnolan82

Hi nnolan82,

We see your iPhone progress got stuck after your computer died during an update. Here's a resource to help with that: Apple logo with progress bar after updating or restoring iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's an excerpt from that article that you'll want to follow: "if the update or restore never completes or your device is unresponsive, force your device to restart."

Take care.

Phone stuck in update mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.