Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating macOS with the New Monterey vision, my Mac died during the restart. It’s totally dead. I unplugged from power source and reconnected..still nothing. Any ideas?

After updating macOS with Monterey version, my Mac died during the restart. It’s totally dead..will not boot up. Any ideas?

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:48 AM

The same thing happend to me, that is, my 2020 MacBook Pro died last night during the restart while updating with macOS Monterey. I took it to an Apple authorized reseller and they charged me $67.80 ($60.00+HST) for diagnostics...The MacBook is out of warranty, but I am wondering why should I be charged for Apple OS update - related issue that occured last night? Never mind the warranty expiration, and never mind fixing the software problem is "free", I am still out of CAD 67.80. Not really a significant amount of money, but still, c'mon Apple, I cannot use my device, I am wasting my time and I need to pay for it?!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 10:48 AM in response to MisterEd4501

The same thing happend to me, that is, my 2020 MacBook Pro died last night during the restart while updating with macOS Monterey. I took it to an Apple authorized reseller and they charged me $67.80 ($60.00+HST) for diagnostics...The MacBook is out of warranty, but I am wondering why should I be charged for Apple OS update - related issue that occured last night? Never mind the warranty expiration, and never mind fixing the software problem is "free", I am still out of CAD 67.80. Not really a significant amount of money, but still, c'mon Apple, I cannot use my device, I am wasting my time and I need to pay for it?!

After updating macOS with the New Monterey vision, my Mac died during the restart. It’s totally dead. I unplugged from power source and reconnected..still nothing. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.