Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Core sync would like to access files on Macbook

Urgent:  I need the advice of an expert-level user of MacBooks.  Do you personally recommend allowing "Core Sync" access my downloads folder on my 2020 MacBook Pro?  I just downloaded the newest software update of macOS, Monterey version 12.0.1, and a pop-up window immediately appeared with the following message: "Core Sync" would like to access files in your Downloads folder".   Will allowing access to "Core Sync" jeopardize or reduce my MacBook’s security?  I'd sincerely appreciate your advice.  Thank you in advance.advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 2:23 PM

just did some hunting and this is part of Adobe CC Suite to sync fonts etc. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

so you can disable and not allow but you may experience CC sync issues.

8 replies

Dec 15, 2021 12:29 PM in response to StuartinDubai

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

Nov 10, 2021 7:17 AM in response to forgrace2u

Core Sync seems to be related to Adobe Creative Cloud. So, it's "secure" as adobe products are. It also needs access to Downloads (or Desktop folder in my case) to go about its business.

Here are some folks discussing disabling it and the pros/cons.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/how-can-i-disable-core-sync-and-updaters/td-p/7581821

Core sync would like to access files on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.