Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App sharing

I paid and download an app on my iphone, that was supposed to be shared with family members, but I don't see the app on my subscriptions nor I can't shared it. Any clues..??? Thanks,

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 5:24 PM

I researched the SharedKey app in the iPhone's App Store. The writeup makes no reference to any in-app purchases or subscription capabilities. Therefore, all its capabilities are executed outside Apple's purview. Subscriptions and Family Sharing, which are under Apple's purview, have no interaction with SharedKey's internals.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 5:24 PM in response to OscarCbd

I researched the SharedKey app in the iPhone's App Store. The writeup makes no reference to any in-app purchases or subscription capabilities. Therefore, all its capabilities are executed outside Apple's purview. Subscriptions and Family Sharing, which are under Apple's purview, have no interaction with SharedKey's internals.

Oct 31, 2021 3:54 PM in response to OscarCbd

Sharing a subscription with Family Members sounds like quite a process. I assume you would have told us if the subscription involved some Apple product (e.g., Apple News+), therefore, your silence implies this is not the case.

So we're left to guess the exact vendor, etc. My guess is the Family Sharing offers no provision to share third party subscriptions.

You would only see the subscription on your subscription list if you use Apple's methods to create and pay for the subscription.

App sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.