Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I print lots of stuff from my iPhone to my printer, but can’t figure out how to print a message from the Messages app without just saving the screen to photos and printing from there - any ideas?

I print lots of stuff from my iPhone to my printer, but can’t figure out how to print a message from the Messages app without just saving the screen to photos and printing from there - any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 3:56 PM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2021 1:12 PM in response to jimwagner23

Hi jimwagner23,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with printing threads from the Messages app on your iPhone. We'd like to help.

Currently, the method you're using is the best way to print messages as there isn't a direct way to print directly from this app. Please leave Product Feedback about this so Apple can hear that this is a feature you'd like to see.

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

Nov 1, 2021 1:54 PM in response to ColleenD1

Finally - a direct answer after all this:

Start your conversation with someone in Apple Support by sending us a message here. How do I print a message from my iPhone to my network printer - I print a lot of other stuff from my phone.

K

Let me connect you to someone who can help. If you need to step away, don't worry. We'll send you a message when we're ready for you.

Hello James! Hope you are fit and healthy.

Yep

Thank you for getting in touch with us to check the available option to print via device.

As you have got me right here, I’ll do my best to provide you the appropriate resolution.

Thanks

You're most welcome.

Mind if I ask few questions regarding the above mentioned matter as a result we can sort out for you?

Go ahead

Just to confirm, are we working on the “Device model” you provided prior chatting with us?

Yes

Just to confirm, are you looking to print the Messages?

One message, yes

Is there a way or do I just have to capture the screen and print the photo?

Thank you, for confirming that, James. Let me help you with the article which will guide you how to print the message and other stuff for your device.

I insist you to go through shared article, it has everything you need to know about resolution for printing the messages and other documents:

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201387

I print all kinds of stuff from my phone - just need to know how to print a message

James, you can follow the below steps to print the documents via your phone.

Here you go: 1 Open the app that you want to print from.

2 To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon —  or  — or tap .

3. Scroll down and tap  or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.

4. Tap Select Printer and choose an http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201311

5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.

6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

OK, thanks

You're very welcome.

You'll be able to locate the same steps in the above mentioned article. I insist you to please make a note of the article.

Hope I was quick and helpful throughout the chat, please let me know if you have any further questions for me.

I'd be happy to help you accordingly.

Thanks

No problem!!

It’s a rare thing to find someone as generous and kind as you, thank you so much for your time and patience.

Please stay safe, healthy and do not forget to put a beautiful smile on your beautiful face.

I wish you and your family a happy weekend!

Take care of yourself, bye bye.

Bye

Bye, James.

We've closed this conversation for now. If you still need help, just send us a message, and we can pick up where we left off.

If there’s nothing else we can help you with right now, we'd love to hear how we did.

https://survey.apple.com/efm/survey?s=3D3148E47A9D5BC608D99CA7E50ABC537E/lang/en-US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.