Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to restore photos through time machine I get a message that states: "Photos could not be modified or deleted because its required by macOS"

I am trying to restore some lost photos through time machine. When I try to restore I get a message that states: "Photos could not be modified or deleted because its required by macOS" I believe I am following the correct steps: Enter time machine, navigate to photos through applications, then select restore. Please let me know if I am not following the correct steps or if there is anything else I can do?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 4:47 PM

You need to restore your photo library, not the app. By default, your photos library is in your user folder under Pictures. If you have newer photos, you may wish to rename your current library so that it is not overwritten.

1 reply

Trying to restore photos through time machine I get a message that states: "Photos could not be modified or deleted because its required by macOS"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.