Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and some other apps not clickable since Monterey

Since I upgraded my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) to Monterey some times the cursor disappears. For instance right now. By touching the touchpad it returns. It cost me 10 mins to type this text.

Have no problems with iMac 27 2019.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 2, 2021 6:27 AM in response to Rien55

Hello Rien55,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We know you want your MacBook Pro to respond as expected, and we're happy to help.

Test to see if this happens when using specific apps. Restart your MacBook Pro: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Boot into safe mode to see if the same thing happens. Safe mode can resolve many issues, like the one you're having: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Nov 4, 2021 6:54 AM in response to Rien55

Hey Rien55,

Thanks for the update. Let's continue to work on this. Please create a new user account to see if the same thing happens there. This will let you know if there's something in your user account or the entire macOS that's causing this:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

If the same thing occurs in then new user account, run disk utility in order to make sure there aren't any issues on your hard drive:

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

Nov 4, 2021 4:55 AM in response to Chris_C1

Thank you Chris, I did what you suggested. But the problem is not fully solved. Sometimes it occurs and I don't see a pattern in it. What is remarkable is that it happens in only Apple apps, such as Safari, Pages and Texteditor. No problems for instance in Firefox and Word.

Extra info: when I can not type, it gives a bleep sound every time I hit a key.

Hope this is helpful info.

Greetz, Rien.

Nov 4, 2021 8:08 AM in response to Rien55

Hello Rien55,

Thanks for trying the steps provided! You don't have to input your Apple ID in order to test in the new user account for this issue. The new user account will simply let you know if there's an issue in your main profile causing the trouble you're having. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards.

Safari and some other apps not clickable since Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.