Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus iOS 15.1 update screen frozen

while upgrading to iOS 15.1 the screen is frozen. see attached snap. I am updating the iOS on a Mac machine connected by usb as it never worked on wifi. I took following steps. 1. attached to Mac by usb 2. when connected to Mac opened finder 3. clicked update iOS button 4. waited for iOS to download 5. then after downloading 5.7GB file this screen appeared and would never go 6. I even I tried restarting the phone I see apple screen then frozen.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:33 PM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2021 11:57 AM in response to Deepali10

Hello Deepali10,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, while trying to upgrade your iPhone on a Mac, your iPhone froze and the restore screen came on. We'd like to help!

The article that you came from, If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge, does list an article for when your phone is frozen. It is the second bullet point.

"Learn more

Here is an article that might be helpful to you as well for when you see the restore screen on your iPhone: If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

iPhone 6s Plus iOS 15.1 update screen frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.