You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 11 was stolen.

My iphone 11 was stolen. The Find My tracking is stuck to one location and day/time. It does not resfresh. Also Find My says "unable to enable Lost Mode". I assume the thief shielded the phone from GPS at the location of last Find My tracking, and then he moved on... is that correct?

I there a way for Apple to locate / track my iphone using the serial number?

Thanks

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 3:32 PM

They either shielded it or turned it off. And no, Apple cannot do that. If you file a police report they can get a warrant for the cell service provider to try to locate it but again if it is shielded or turned off that will not work.If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Also if you get a message purportedly from Apple saying they found your iPhone and want you to click on a link and enter your Apple ID and password, DON'T. It is a scam.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 3:32 PM in response to AppleComAya1618

They either shielded it or turned it off. And no, Apple cannot do that. If you file a police report they can get a warrant for the cell service provider to try to locate it but again if it is shielded or turned off that will not work.If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Also if you get a message purportedly from Apple saying they found your iPhone and want you to click on a link and enter your Apple ID and password, DON'T. It is a scam.

My iphone 11 was stolen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.