i phone stolen and can not be tracked on find my iphone / find my i phone was on and phone was put in lost mode / was tracking my phone via location link sent to me by text/ then location stopped / find my iphone refreshed and phone is no longer lstd

I was tracking my stolen phone trough find my iphone. i had set it as lost with a custom msg and a phone number to be contacted on in case it was located. the next day it was still offline but i suddenly got a text to the phone number with a link to the location of the phone i opened it ad saw that my phone was on the move clearly in car as it was moving fast on the map. then everything stopped working wen to refresh find my iphone and my phone was not even on the listed of devices . does this mean that it s been erased/ factory reset

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 12:39 PM

petrastylesx wrote:

I was tracking my stolen phone trough find my iphone. i had set it as lost with a custom msg and a phone number to be contacted on in case it was located. the next day it was still offline but i suddenly got a text to the phone number with a link to the location of the phone i opened it ad saw that my phone was on the move clearly in car as it was moving fast on the map. then everything stopped working wen to refresh find my iphone and my phone was not even on the listed of devices . does this mean that it s been erased/ factory reset

Apple doesn't send you a text nor do they get involved with lost/stolen device. You got a sent a text from the people who took it.

Let me guess you click on the link and sign into your account? If so change your password immediately as they now have your information.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 12:39 PM in response to petrastylesx

petrastylesx wrote:

Apple doesn't send you a text nor do they get involved with lost/stolen device. You got a sent a text from the people who took it.

Let me guess you click on the link and sign into your account? If so change your password immediately as they now have your information.

i phone stolen and can not be tracked on find my iphone / find my i phone was on and phone was put in lost mode / was tracking my phone via location link sent to me by text/ then location stopped / find my iphone refreshed and phone is no longer lstd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.