Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages. How to separate a long text box.

I am helping someone that has a long text box that is over 100 pages long in the Pages app on an iMac.

We want to separate this into several text boxes without having the text flow to other boxes.

Is there a way to split the text boxes, so the text does not flow in either direction?

This is somewhat like cutting a string, where each half keeps it own characteristics.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Carlson (27" iMac) (3)

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:28 PM

Okay. Thanks for the fast reply.

I have not seen the file, so I am not sure if it is one single text box for 100 pages or if each page had a linked text box ---but I suspect it is one long text box.

So, I guess they will just have to live with the layout for now unless they want to redo the whole thing.

Their original goal was to delete three pages in the middle of the 100 pages and put the three pages at the end of the book. Right now, they were able to move the three pages to the end of that chapter, so maybe that is good enough for them.

Thanks,

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 7:28 PM in response to VikingOSX

Okay. Thanks for the fast reply.

I have not seen the file, so I am not sure if it is one single text box for 100 pages or if each page had a linked text box ---but I suspect it is one long text box.

So, I guess they will just have to live with the layout for now unless they want to redo the whole thing.

Their original goal was to delete three pages in the middle of the 100 pages and put the three pages at the end of the book. Right now, they were able to move the three pages to the end of that chapter, so maybe that is good enough for them.

Thanks,

Jack

Nov 1, 2021 7:04 PM in response to jackfromtempe

A Text box should not span more than one page because one cannot split it into separate Text boxes. That is precisely why there are linked text boxes that flow the content between them, either on the same page or to another box on a different page. This avoids the mess you are now in with that monolithic, multi-page text box.

See Link text boxes in Pages on Mac.

Pages. How to separate a long text box.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.