Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay starts to lag after some time

When I connect my phone to my car(wired connection) the carplay starts and everything works fine but after a few minutes the carplay gets really laggy(when I touch the screen it takes 2-3s to register the touch and all animations seems to run at low fps). The only way to fix it is to go to my car menu and then go back to carplay but after a few minutes it starts lagging again. My device is an Iphone 13 mini. Does anyone knows how to permanently fix this? I tried 3 different cables(1 apple original and 2 MFI cables) but the issue still happens.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 6:57 PM

After doing some tests, it seems the problem is with google maps and waze. If I use one of those two apps Carplay starts to lag a lot after a while(not only inside the app but the whole carplay). If I remove google maps and waze from carplay this issue does not happens. My guess is some kind of memory leak is happening.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 6:57 PM in response to daniel_2048

After doing some tests, it seems the problem is with google maps and waze. If I use one of those two apps Carplay starts to lag a lot after a while(not only inside the app but the whole carplay). If I remove google maps and waze from carplay this issue does not happens. My guess is some kind of memory leak is happening.

Carplay starts to lag after some time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.