Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 m1 display hinge issue

Hi anyone facing the hinge tightness issue on their 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 13 inch. All of sudden after using it for 3 months, I am unable to open or lift the lid with one hand. I have to use both my hands, one to lift the screen or lid and another to hold the body down. It has got tighten overtime. It was super smooth in the beginning and all of sudden it has got tight. Please respond what to be done.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:48 PM

Blackmist_001 Said:

"MacBook Pro 13 m1 display hinge issue: Hi anyone facing the hinge tightness issue on their 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 13 inch. All of sudden after using it for 3 months, I am unable to open or lift the lid with one hand. [...]Please respond what to be done."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:48 PM in response to Blackmist_001

Blackmist_001 Said:

"MacBook Pro 13 m1 display hinge issue: Hi anyone facing the hinge tightness issue on their 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 13 inch. All of sudden after using it for 3 months, I am unable to open or lift the lid with one hand. [...]Please respond what to be done."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

MacBook Pro 13 m1 display hinge issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.