Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement

I have an iPhone 6s+ that won’t turn on and needs to have the battery replaced. Their is no damage to the phone. The battery just all of a sudden stopped charging. I hadn’t backed it up for quite a while (yes, I know that was not a good thing). Will replacing the battery erase everything on the phone?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:41 AM

Before having an iPhone serviced, you need to create a full backup to avoid awful surprises.

If you didn't do that, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector, informing the technicians you do not have a recent backup. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 5:41 AM in response to Jmc01644

Before having an iPhone serviced, you need to create a full backup to avoid awful surprises.

If you didn't do that, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector, informing the technicians you do not have a recent backup. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.