Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple trade in and damage

So Applecare won't cover a small scratch to touchscreen (they say cosmetic) but will cosmetic damage affect the trade-in value? Apple's offer is $450 max but only $110 with damage to touchscreen. I'd hate to send it in and then only get 110. Thanks..

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 7:53 AM

We are all users here. A damaged screen is typically one which has been cracked. A small scratch likely won't impact the trade. But, I would take pictures of the phone from EVERY angle before I sent it in. And once it has been received by Apple's trade in partner, they will validate the value. If you don't like or want to accept the final offer, the phone will be returned to you, so you don't have accept a lower amount if you don't want to.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 7:53 AM in response to Swcopeland

We are all users here. A damaged screen is typically one which has been cracked. A small scratch likely won't impact the trade. But, I would take pictures of the phone from EVERY angle before I sent it in. And once it has been received by Apple's trade in partner, they will validate the value. If you don't like or want to accept the final offer, the phone will be returned to you, so you don't have accept a lower amount if you don't want to.

Apple trade in and damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.