Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor service on iphone constantly requires toggling wifi/cell data on and off

Hey there

Got the new SE about a year ago, and have always been running into this problem. Only recently decided it was worth mentioning. I live in a major city and verizon is my carrier. I know lots of other folks with verizon and iphones in town who do not have the same problem. Basically, my service is terrible. If I google something, or look something up on maps, or try to listen to a podcast, it takes several minutes to load, if it loads at all. This is usually solved by toggling on and off combinations of wifi and cell data. So if my wifi and cell data are both on, I'll switch to cell data for a minute, load the page, and then turn the wifi back on. Sometimes, I'll do the exact opposite, and it works just as well. It's like the phone's data receiver constantly needs rebooting. This happens everyday, multiple times a day, pretty constantly. I also take care of my phone, turn it off every week and keep the new software updates.

I've been hesitant to ask because I feel like Apple is just going to punt me to Verizon, and then Verizon will punt me back to Apple, and I'll be stuck in the middle with either no phone or a broken phone. But I've been thinking of regressing to flip phone, the problem is so bad. I basically can't use it for anything short of texting and taking pictures.

Anyone else ever had this problem? The phone is less than a year old so it should be under warranty. Thanks for reading.

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 10:40 AM

Your next troubleshooting steps are to follow the section “Take out the SIM card“ and each step below it at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

Part of it is contacting Verizon so they can check any issues and do any resets on there end, you might ask for a new SIM card, too.

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 2, 2021 10:32 AM in response to dr_dre

Also want to mention this problem happens both around town, at work, and at home. Therefore it's likely not my home's router, for example, as my wife doesn't experience this problem. But it could be the way my phone is trying to talk to these routers (but there's the problem of my cell data not consistently working, either). I'm going in circles now!

Poor service on iphone constantly requires toggling wifi/cell data on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.