Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have a unique profile picture for my different devices and Mac?

Is there a way to have a unique profile picture for my mac? I used to have a different profile picture on different macs, which I prefer. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro with Monterey, changed my profile picture, and now this picture syncs across all my devices with my Apple id. I don't want this. Any way to limit this picture to just this one computer?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:36 AM

That’s no longer true in Monterey. I upgraded as well and Monterey force-changed my Mac’s unique user picture to the picture assigned to my iCloud account. I immediately opened up Users & Groups and reselected the original picture, however that just ended up force-changing my iCloud picture to my Mac’s user picture. This change is quite frustrating.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

That’s no longer true in Monterey. I upgraded as well and Monterey force-changed my Mac’s unique user picture to the picture assigned to my iCloud account. I immediately opened up Users & Groups and reselected the original picture, however that just ended up force-changing my iCloud picture to my Mac’s user picture. This change is quite frustrating.

Nov 2, 2021 5:11 PM in response to 3SQ

3SQ wrote:

Is there a way to have a unique profile picture for my mac? I used to have a different profile picture on different macs, which I prefer. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro with Monterey, changed my profile picture, and now this picture syncs across all my devices with my Apple id. I don't want this. Any way to limit this picture to just this one computer?

I do not see how this would accomplished if you remain on the same AppleID.

Select your Apple ID picture on Mac

How to have a unique profile picture for my different devices and Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.