Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable camera from lock screen on iPhone

This seems like an absolutely absurd thing that I can’t disable. I have searched and searched and it looks as though I can disable it, but it also just disables the camera from the phone altogether. What an absurd feature. Can anyone tell me if this is in fact the way this works or that I’m just an idiot and can’t figure this out? But if this is literally the only solution to this problem, disable the entire camera altogether, that’s just absurd. The camera accidentally gets toggled on from my lock screen all the time. It’s obnoxious for it to be there and I have have zero use for that being there. If I want to use my camera, I’ll open my phone and use my camera. The flashlight is fine, it the camera there is just a giant nuisance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:21 AM

Is there a way to allow the use of camera only when the phone is unlocked? but not when it's locked?

7 replies

Nov 3, 2021 9:00 AM in response to mrduder

mrduder wrote:
That is not what I was asking for,
I’m wanting to remove the camera button from the lock screen.

If you don't clearly state which one in the first post, it will be difficult to guess. You should have clearly stated that you want to turn off the camera when you swipe left. . . .

There are three options available when the iPhone is locked.

Swipe from the bottom to access the Control Center.

Swipe right to see the Today view & all your widgets.

Swipe left to launch the camera.

You can do that by following the steps below.

Go to: Settings -> Screen Time -> tap Turn On Screen Time -> tap Continue.

Scroll to Content & Privacy Restrictions > tap on it ->  turn it On.

Tap Allow apps -> scroll to Camera -> turn Camera Off.

Stop, don't turn off the built-in camera yet, read on first.

Are you aware if you disable the built-in camera at ScreenTime, you won't be able to use the camera app anymore?

The camera app disappears from the Home screen.

Searching at App Library it also doesn't show up, except if you have a 3rd party app installed on iPhone.

Then if you want use the 3rd party camera app, you have to give permission. . . . . .

Maybe someone else can tell you how to . . . . .

Disable camera from lock screen on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.