Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the keyboard doesn’t work on my Mac book pro 2018

Suddenly my keyboard no longer works, I don't know why, sometimes it works, but if the device has been working for a long time then the keyboard does not work. But now it doesn't work at all! what is the solution in this case ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:00 AM

heba10 Said:

"Why the keyboard doesn’t work on my Mac book pro 2018: Suddenly my keyboard no longer works, I don't know why, sometimes it works, but if the device has been working for a long time then the keyboard does not work. But now it doesn't work at all! what is the solution in this case ?"

-------

Clear the Cache:

Boot in Safe Mode:

It seems to me that the caches may be in a loop, and caches keep settings where they once were. So, try booting in to Safe Mode. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not open at login; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. 

1. Boot into: Safe Mode [Hold Down the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac
  5. Boot Up: normally
  6. Log in: as same user

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 1:00 AM in response to heba10

heba10 Said:

"Why the keyboard doesn’t work on my Mac book pro 2018: Suddenly my keyboard no longer works, I don't know why, sometimes it works, but if the device has been working for a long time then the keyboard does not work. But now it doesn't work at all! what is the solution in this case ?"

-------

Clear the Cache:

Boot in Safe Mode:

It seems to me that the caches may be in a loop, and caches keep settings where they once were. So, try booting in to Safe Mode. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not open at login; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are fixed. 

1. Boot into: Safe Mode [Hold Down the shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart: the Mac
  5. Boot Up: normally
  6. Log in: as same user

Nov 4, 2021 7:54 AM in response to heba10

heba10 Said:

"Why the keyboard doesn’t work on my Mac book pro 2018: this solution didn’t work for me. What should I do. Is there another solution?

———-

Use an External Keyboard:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac. As for connecting it, you may need this adapter, if the keyboard has not USB-C plug in it USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Why the keyboard doesn’t work on my Mac book pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.