Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro 10.7 pencil tool not working

Hi,

I just updated to Logic Pro 10.7 and the pencil tool no longer smoothly draws automation lines. Normally when clicking and dragging the pencil tool in an automation field the automation follows the pencil's movement and creates as many points as necessary for these "freehand" automation curves. Now, since the update, the pencil tool will only draw a single point at a time - clicking and dragging does not work.

Weirdly, when I tested this on a guest account on my laptop everything worked normally. I have tried trashing the preference files for Logic and even deleting the app and reinstalling but these were ineffective.

I am using a late 2017 15" Macbook Pro running Mac OS 11.6.1

Here is an example of a hand drawn automation curve - this is what I am no longer able to do:

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:25 PM

So I finally figured out the real problem here. This is not an issue with Logic but with an app I use in the background to help with mouse and trackpad customisation called Better Touch Tool. If I restart Logic with this tool off everything works as normal!

Similar questions

5 replies

Logic pro 10.7 pencil tool not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.