Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I able to receive emails but unable to send emails?

I am able to receive emails easily but all the outgoing emails are stuck in the outbox.

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.6

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:48 AM

tornia473 wrote:

I am able to receive emails easily but all the outgoing emails are stuck in the outbox.

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Use the Connection Doctor... for some insight>Show Detail

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve verify with your email provider there is no current issue with the SMTP server—that would be out of your control. Server side issue tend to get resolved by the host fairly quickly, so try at a later time and test.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 7:48 AM in response to tornia473

tornia473 wrote:

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Use the Connection Doctor... for some insight>Show Detail

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve verify with your email provider there is no current issue with the SMTP server—that would be out of your control. Server side issue tend to get resolved by the host fairly quickly, so try at a later time and test.

Nov 18, 2021 8:19 AM in response to J90JGD

J90JGD wrote:

I was having this and all kinds of other apparently intermittent connection issues with various email accounts. Having tried everything else, I realised that I had recently (when installing Monterey) turned on Notes syncing in those accounts. Turned it off again and all email connection issues have disappeared. Hope helpful.

https://support.apple.com/guide/notes/share-your-notes-and-folders-apda5307056b/mac

how do I not sync notes with my email? 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6074467

Nov 18, 2021 7:58 AM in response to leroydouglas

I was having this and all kinds of other apparently intermittent connection issues with various email accounts. Having tried everything else, I realised that I had recently (when installing Monterey) turned on Notes syncing in those accounts. Turned it off again and all email connection issues have disappeared. Hope helpful.

Why am I able to receive emails but unable to send emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.