Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about iCloud

I have one of the brand new MacBook Pro 14" and I love it. I migrated items from my 2019 iMac; both are running Monterey and everything is up to date. My problem is that my iMac Document Folder is in iCloud which is where I want it, but it is also in the MBP's Document folder. I do not want two copies of all of my documents. I delated the folders in my Documents Folder on my MBP, but it was also deleted from iCloud and also from my iMac. Thank goodness for good backups.

I would like to have each of the Computers' Document Folders backed up to iCloud so I can access each from either computer. I do not want 2 copies of the same folders on each computer. My iPad works fine doing this and so did my 2013 MBP. What did I do wrong? And how do I fix it.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 6:03 PM

You didn't do anything wrong. You don't have two copies, just one. When you sync with iCloud, all of your documents appear on any devices that are synced. Any changes you make will reflect on all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply

Question about iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.