Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari update

How do I update my Safari. I have 13.1 and need 14. I have done the last update for my MacBook, but Safari didn't update

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 11:48 AM

That is because an update only installs a newer version of the same Operating system you have installed. An upgrade installs a newer, different operating system, such as when you upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. They are completely different things. So, if your computer will accept it, you will need to upgrade your OS. Upgrades may be found in the Apple App Store. Upgrading Safari will not guarantee that it will work with all web sites. In that case you might have to install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They will usually work just fine and they can be individually upgraded.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 11:48 AM in response to littlefaith

That is because an update only installs a newer version of the same Operating system you have installed. An upgrade installs a newer, different operating system, such as when you upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. They are completely different things. So, if your computer will accept it, you will need to upgrade your OS. Upgrades may be found in the Apple App Store. Upgrading Safari will not guarantee that it will work with all web sites. In that case you might have to install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They will usually work just fine and they can be individually upgraded.

Safari update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.