Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is ridiculous apple doesn’t have the option for me to leave group chats

ok so I have a question why isn’t there a option to leave group messages on the iPhone messaging app random scam people or telemarketers can add me in a group chat with people I don’t even know and I can’t leave it because apple didn’t leave a button for it. It dosnt make any sense every single messaging app in the world that has the capability to do group chats has a option for someone to leave the group chat except apple so if someone can explain this phenomenon of a problem that’d be wonderful so then I can leave annoying *** group chats full of scams bugs and strangers.

so my question is why isn’t something so basic like the option to leave a group chat in iMessage app non existent and can you leave a tip or recommendation to the tech team about adding a option to leave group chats

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:37 PM

Speeedy23 wrote:

ok so I have a question why isn’t there a option to leave group messages on the iPhone messaging app random scam people or telemarketers can add me in a group chat with people I don’t even know and I can’t leave it because apple didn’t leave a button for it. It dosnt make any sense every single messaging app in the world that has the capability to do group chats has a option for someone to leave the group chat except apple so if someone can explain this phenomenon of a problem that’d be wonderful so then I can leave annoying *** group chats full of scams bugs and strangers.

so my question is why isn’t something so basic like the option to leave a group chat in iMessage app non existent and can you leave a tip or recommendation to the tech team about adding a option to leave group chats

They do, they give you an option to leave group imessage which is their product Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:37 PM in response to Speeedy23

Speeedy23 wrote:

They do, they give you an option to leave group imessage which is their product Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 4, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Moon-Lady

Moon-Lady wrote:

I think what they meant is how can you leave a group chat that has non-ios users since there is no leave option and just deleting it isnt effective since as soon as someone in that chat you deleted messages said chat it adds you back

ios only users chat
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f8a72155-9b7f-4ed7-b429-9fd39a40ebd4

chat with android users
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/461eca6e-e554-4d23-a827-c137e671e480

No I completely understood what the OP was saying.

Nov 3, 2021 5:26 PM in response to Moon-Lady

Moon-Lady wrote:

I think what they meant is how can you leave a group chat that has non-ios users since there is no leave option and just deleting it isnt effective since as soon as someone in that chat you deleted messages said chat it adds you back

That isn’t an Apple limitation; it is a limitation of the SMS/MMS protocol. There is no phone that can leave a group message that includes SMS/MMS users.

This is ridiculous apple doesn’t have the option for me to leave group chats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.