Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i remove my SIM card after transferring data to new phone

do i remove my SIM card from my old iPhone to the new one?

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 2:27 PM

Your SIM card (Old iPhone) has the active cellular service, I am assuming. If you want to have cellular service on your new iPhone then it will need an active SIM card which is in your old iPhone. You can transfer the SIM card from your old iPhone to your new iPhone.

If you already have service on your new iPhone then you do not need the SIM card from your old iPhone and you can just remove it and discard it before selling or trading or giving away your old iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 2:27 PM in response to kai5175

Your SIM card (Old iPhone) has the active cellular service, I am assuming. If you want to have cellular service on your new iPhone then it will need an active SIM card which is in your old iPhone. You can transfer the SIM card from your old iPhone to your new iPhone.

If you already have service on your new iPhone then you do not need the SIM card from your old iPhone and you can just remove it and discard it before selling or trading or giving away your old iPhone.

Axel F.

do i remove my SIM card after transferring data to new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.