Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods - Not connecting and not charging without being plugged in

Hello,

For a few days now, I cannot connect my phone to my AirPods without having my AirPods case plugged in. After I plug in my Airpords, I'm able to connect them to my phone, and then I can unplug them, but it's not possible for me to do otherwise than that.

Also, I can only charge my Airpods when their case is plugged in. The Airpods do not charge automatically without being plugged in an electric breeze, contrary to what it used to be before (so I have to charge them twice a day, (even without using them much), which wasn't the case before.

Could I have some help please ?

Thank you

iPhone

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 3:03 PM

Your description sounds like a problem with the charging case, possibly its battery has become defective. Please see Apple's advice in

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

If these checks don't get a satisfactory result, contact Apple Support and arrange to get your AirPods and case inspected by Apple.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 3:03 PM in response to AlSt_09

Your description sounds like a problem with the charging case, possibly its battery has become defective. Please see Apple's advice in

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

If these checks don't get a satisfactory result, contact Apple Support and arrange to get your AirPods and case inspected by Apple.

AirPods - Not connecting and not charging without being plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.