Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emailing an edited audio file

Hello. I successfully edited a song in ITunes (an AAC audio file). I then dragged it to my desk top. I want to send this sound file vial email (Apple Mail), so dragged and dropped it to my draft email. However, when I played it to check, it only plays the unedited song, not the one I changed. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks, Scott

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:01 PM

See Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support. When there are start/stop times on the track these are applied to the converted file, so it is only active portion of the track that is exported.

tt2

9 replies

Nov 4, 2021 4:24 AM in response to scottinvt

We'll assume a legitimate fair use context for this project. Track start and stop times in iTunes are internal properties that are not stored in the file's metadata. If you want to export an extract of a song you need to set the start and stop times, then convert the song to a new track. If the resulting file exceeds the attachment limit of your mail provider you may want to use iCloud Drive or a similar cloud service to transfer the file.

tt2

Emailing an edited audio file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.