Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant high sierra download it says the file is damaged and cannot be downloaded

how can i make it were i can download high sierra without it saying it damaged or get one that is not damaged

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 8:03 PM

ulysses1506 Said:

"how can i make it were i can download high sierra without it saying it damaged or get one that is not damaged"

-------

I. Get it here: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

II. Use Ethernet: On a computer with USB-A port, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

III. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

• Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

• Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 8:03 PM in response to ulysses1506

ulysses1506 Said:

"how can i make it were i can download high sierra without it saying it damaged or get one that is not damaged"

-------

I. Get it here: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

II. Use Ethernet: On a computer with USB-A port, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

III. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

• Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

• Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

Nov 3, 2021 8:55 PM in response to ulysses1506

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded…

Don't use FireFox for this link, it’ll offer strange erroneous errors…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Nov 3, 2021 8:17 PM in response to ulysses1506

Try this: Download the High Sierra installer kit from Apple, switch your date and time in System Preferences Data & Time to manual and manually select set the system date to, say, November 11th 2017, then launch the installer again, and once the installer (hopefully) now launches, switch away at the first installer prompt (don’t exit!) and return to System Preferences and correct the date and time, return to the installer, and continue with the installation.

Nov 3, 2021 8:21 PM in response to ulysses1506

"I went to that site and my mac book pro met all the requirements and it is at 10.12 so it should be capable to download it but when you go to download it it says that the file is damaged and cannot download its not my computer its the file maybe they need to update it"

-------

Troubleshooting Failing File Download:

Five Thoughts:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

See what happens when you boot in Safe Mode[Hold down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run; certain preferences are set aside; and damaged system files are intentionally fixed. Once booted into Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds and then restart the Mac.

B. Try a New Admin User:

For temporary usage, create a new administrator user. See if you can install with it.

C. Try Ethernet:

Contact your Mac to your router using Ethernet. A hardwired connection would be more reliable.

D. Try Another Computer (Mac or PC, even):

See if another computer to download this works to download it.

E. Try Another Network :

Perhaps the network is losing the connection to Apple's servers at this moment,

why cant high sierra download it says the file is damaged and cannot be downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.