Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro. It is running Sierra. The upgrade to High Sierra above says the file is damaged when I try to download. Is there another link or another way to upgrade to High Sierra?

I have a Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro. It is running Sierra. The upgrade to High Sierra above says the file is damaged when I try to download. Is there another link or another way to upgrade to High Sierra?

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 10:22 AM

Put the downloaded file into the Trash and empty it. It is likely located in the Applications folder. Then, do another "clean" download. Be sure to not do it with Wi-Fi. it is too slow and will generally fail for these very large files. Use a wired Ethernet connection for these large downloads. The link is not the problem. It can be reused.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 10:22 AM in response to The Andyman

Put the downloaded file into the Trash and empty it. It is likely located in the Applications folder. Then, do another "clean" download. Be sure to not do it with Wi-Fi. it is too slow and will generally fail for these very large files. Use a wired Ethernet connection for these large downloads. The link is not the problem. It can be reused.

Apr 3, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Ken Risling

Ken,

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded…

Don't use FireFox for this link, it’ll offer strange erroneous errors…

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Apr 4, 2022 12:33 PM in response to Ken Risling

Ken,

I went through a chat with support and they walked me through it. I will try to attach the chat below:

Let's go ahead and boot it up to Safe mode and try to update from there.

Here are the steps to take:

1. Restart your Mac.

2. Immediately hold SHIFT key as your Mac starts up and until you see the Apple Logo.

3. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 

Now, while on Safe mode, make sure that the previous files you downloaded are removed from your Mac. Drag them from Downloads folder to trash and empty trash.

Then, I had another problem. It said, “Safari can’t find the server.” So, this is what we did next:

Let's go ahead and boot your Mac to Internet Recovery.

1.Please go ahead and shut down your Mac. Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold OPTION COMMAND R keys on your keyboard. Keep holding the keys until you see a spinning globe on your screen. Let me know once you see a spinning globe screen on your Mac screen.

Now, kindly wait for the screen to load. Once prompted, choose your most stable internet connection and preferred language.

Then, when on OSX Utilities screen click Reinstall OS and that should prompt to install High Sierra. Once that is done, you should be good to go.

Ken, this resolved my problem, and hopefully it will help you as well!

Take care,

Andy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.