Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally added a second page in my pages ; field how do i go back to just the one page

I accidentally pressed add a page

in my pages field. So some data has gone on to page two. How do I get it back to page one ?

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:00 AM

At the top of the screen on the far left there is <view>. above it there is an icon. Click on it and you can see both pages at the same time. Then you can adjust the data by using the I beam and the delete key. But be careful not to erase the data so save it first! Hope this helps!

2 replies

Nov 3, 2021 11:12 PM in response to Gugeristreet57

This depends on which type of pages document you have created—word processing or page layout.

In a Pages word processing document, pages are created automatically as they are needed to accommodate the text in the document. To remove a page from a two page document you need to remove some of the content of the first page that is causing the text to extend to the second page.

Delete some of the text, or one or more other objects that the text is wrapping around to open up that space. Text that was pushed onto the second page will flow back onto the first, and the second page will disappear.

In a Pages page layout document, each page is a separate section.

Move the second page content onto the first page (you may need to edit the content to make it fit), then select the now empty second page thumbnail page in the left sidebar, then press delete to delete that single page section.

Two ways to determine which type of Pages document you are working with:

1. Click on one of the page thumbnails in the left sidebar to select it. If the yellow 'section boundary' rectangle that appears encloses more than one page, your document is a word processing document. If it encloses a single page in a multi page document, yours is most likely a page layout document.
  2. Click the Document button to open the Document Inspector in the right sidebar. About halfway down the Inspector panel, locate the Document Body checkbox. If this box is checked, your document is a word processing document; if it is unchecked, your document is a page layout document.

Regards,

Barry

I accidentally added a second page in my pages ; field how do i go back to just the one page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.