Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

log back in to apple music

Hi :)

I have an issue with logging in to my apple music account.

One day my friend logged as him at my macbook pro. Then he logged out. I have logged successfully in... almost :) In apple music there is always a popup window that wants to log in and by default there is his email prewritten (if there is such a word ;p ) - so i am trying to write my email and password but nothing happens... the same popup appears after restarting the app... it's just annoying... is there a way to reset the app completely? or uninstall it? or log me back in?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:29 AM

Hi MadShotsPL,

We see you're trying to get signed into your account on the Music app on your Mac. If you select Account in the menu bar you should be able to sign out of any account associated with the Mac. However, if purchases were downloaded from your friends Apple ID you'll need to enter his information to authorize the content to play on your computer. Otherwise you'll need to delete the content associated with his device.

You can learn more here: Set up and view an iTunes Store account in Music on Mac

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 7:29 AM in response to MadShotsPL

Hi MadShotsPL,

We see you're trying to get signed into your account on the Music app on your Mac. If you select Account in the menu bar you should be able to sign out of any account associated with the Mac. However, if purchases were downloaded from your friends Apple ID you'll need to enter his information to authorize the content to play on your computer. Otherwise you'll need to delete the content associated with his device.

You can learn more here: Set up and view an iTunes Store account in Music on Mac

Take care.

log back in to apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.