Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Music App Song Limit

I think that a previous answer here is wrong:

How Apple Music handles your uploaded songs

You can have up to 25,000 songs in your music library. Songs you purchased from the iTunes Store don't count against this limit.

I have over 90,000 songs an still able to add more.

I and heard it was 100,000 but I'm hoping that is not the top limit.

Anyone KNOW FOR SURE???

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:00 PM

The limit for songs matched or uploaded to the Apple Music service is 100,000. 25,000 may have been an earlier limit. The Apple Music application on your Mac can handle a larger library. There is no published upper bound that I am aware of, but the library has to fit in available storage, and the larger it gets the less responsive it will be.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 3:00 PM in response to terryzx

The limit for songs matched or uploaded to the Apple Music service is 100,000. 25,000 may have been an earlier limit. The Apple Music application on your Mac can handle a larger library. There is no published upper bound that I am aware of, but the library has to fit in available storage, and the larger it gets the less responsive it will be.

tt2

Mac Music App Song Limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.