Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

The iCloud Music Library should raise its limit on 100000 songs.

You can't have over 100000 songs in your Apple Music Library or iCloud freaks out causing Apple Music to freak out. You can't do much of anything until you delete songs from your library. I work in the music industry; it is totally normal to have this many and more songs in your library. Please help.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 10:09 PM

Non_personal_information Said:

"The iCloud Music Library should raise its limit on 100000 songs.: You can't have over 100000 songs in your Apple Music Library or iCloud freaks out causing Apple Music to freak out. You can't do much of anything until you delete songs from your library. I work in the music industry; it is totally normal to have this many and more songs in your library. Please help."

-------

Adding Items to Library:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do Your Part: Report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in releases to come. These are just user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time and will. They will know nothing of it, if you do not provide them with your feedback.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Apple Music on the Web" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Library" for the "What Apple Music feature is your feedback about?"
  4. Comment: that you want this to be an option, and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 10:09 PM in response to Non_personal_information

"The iCloud Music Library should raise its limit on 100000 songs.: You can't have over 100000 songs in your Apple Music Library or iCloud freaks out causing Apple Music to freak out. You can't do much of anything until you delete songs from your library. I work in the music industry; it is totally normal to have this many and more songs in your library. Please help."

-------

Adding Items to Library:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do Your Part: Report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in releases to come. These are just user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time and will. They will know nothing of it, if you do not provide them with your feedback.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Apple Music on the Web" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Library" for the "What Apple Music feature is your feedback about?"
  4. Comment: that you want this to be an option, and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 1, 2023 4:08 PM in response to Non_personal_information

"The iCloud Music Library should raise its limit on 100000 songs.: Already did. Posting publicly to get other people on board. I despise Spotify, but I have to work so my family can eat…so I think I know where that leaves me, which is upsetting as an Apple user since 1987."

-------

Thank for doing you part. If will help many for certain.

Finding Music Files and Clearing iCloud:

Try Downloading All of iCloud:

Download all of iCloud. Then, verify you can access the data. Once verified, trash was is in there. In doing to, you will have cleared out your iCloud, and then search for music files, through use of the Search Bar on the top-fright corner of a Finder window. Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

The iCloud Music Library should raise its limit on 100000 songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.