Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Clipboard doesn't work between iPhone 12 Pro (v15.1) -> Macbook Air (M1, 2020; Monterey 12.0.1)

Two problems:

1. The main issue is that Universal Clipboard doesn't work when trying to copy FROM the iPhone and paste TO the MacBookAir (iPhone -> MacBook Air). Going the other way, Macbook Air -> iPhone, does work as expected.
  2. I'm unable to connect my iPhone 12 Pro to my Macbook Air via Bluetooth. I get the attached error that "Claire's MacBook Air is unsupported". I am still able to Airdrop things between the two, though.

Both devices are fully up-to-date, I've tried turning them both off and on again, and I've tried initiating the Bluetooth pairing on both devices (no success).

Any thoughts?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 9:32 AM

Thanks @destiny241, I wasn't using a VPN or security software and both devices were using the same Apple ID, connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and had Bluetooth enabled, so I reached out to support.

In case this helps anyone else, support had me create a new user to test if it was a user-specific issue or a system issue. Universal Clipboard still didn't work in the new user, but it started working when I switched back into my main user account. It also worked in Safe Mode. I don't know what it is about creating the new user that fixed it, but I'm glad it's working now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 9:32 AM in response to destiny241

Thanks @destiny241, I wasn't using a VPN or security software and both devices were using the same Apple ID, connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and had Bluetooth enabled, so I reached out to support.

In case this helps anyone else, support had me create a new user to test if it was a user-specific issue or a system issue. Universal Clipboard still didn't work in the new user, but it started working when I switched back into my main user account. It also worked in Safe Mode. I don't know what it is about creating the new user that fixed it, but I'm glad it's working now.

Nov 5, 2021 10:55 AM in response to cmccrea23

Hello Cmccrea23,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you're having issues with using the Universal Clipboard between your Mac and iPhone. We'll do our best to assist.

You won't be able to connect the Mac to the iPhone through Bluetooth, that's expected behavior.

If you're trying to sort out the issues with Universal Clipboard, we'd make sure you're not using a VPN or security software on either device, as they may block this connection. Make sure both devices are using the same Apple ID, connected to the same Wi-Fi network, with Bluetooth enabled.

If the issue continues, then it would be best to contact Apple directly: Get Support

Hope this helps out, take care.

Universal Clipboard doesn't work between iPhone 12 Pro (v15.1) -> Macbook Air (M1, 2020; Monterey 12.0.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.