Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrist Detection is not working as IT SHOULD

I have a serious problem. I want wrist detection on BUT if it is, I do not get Text Notifications on my phone if it's locked. I want it on because of what it enables in the watch. Call SOS autoomically with fall detection, Heart rate tracking and so on. I'm 70 years old and those items I WANT ON.

Why did Apple not make that an option, Wrist Detection on and Alerts on a locked oPhone????

I sincerly hope somebody or Apple has a solution as I called TS and they said there is no way to do this.

I sure hope I don't all and get knocked out as my watch won't call 911 for me.

Thanks,

Rich

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 11:28 AM

If anyone, regardless of age, falls and is rendered unconscious, that would seem to be an emergency.

Make sure that you have the vibrations set to "Prominent" in the Watch App>Sounds & Haptics>Prominent. The Watch has sound as well as vibration. So, make sure that silent mode is turned off as well.

4 replies

Nov 4, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Hawkcode1

The way notifications work if you have an iPhone and a Watch:

iPhone locked/Watch locked - notifications sound on phone

iPhone locked/Watch unlocked - notifications sound on watch

That is the way Apple says it should work. I have no idea what your age has to do with it.

If you would like to see something different, you can let Apple know here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Nov 4, 2021 11:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Here's what my age has to do with it. If I take a fall and on conscience the watch will ask me if I fell or if I need SOS. If I'm not conscious it will not call SOS according to the screenshot I shared.

The notification I don't notice them on the watch like I do on the iPhone because It plays it loud. I don't always detect the watch vibration.

Wrist Detection is not working as IT SHOULD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.