Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked Apple Watch Screen//Unable to Reset

I have an Apple Watch Series 2 42 MM Nike edition. The watch has a small hairline crack, which does not bother me. It has been in a drawer for years because I can not unlock it. I have since upgraded my phone and the watch is no longer paired with a phone. I need to reset/pair it with a new phone.

I have tried the trick where you hold down the button, press on the power slide to erase all content and settings, but because of the very small crack it does not sense the check mark when I touch it.

Will I just have to bit the bullet and get the screen replaced?

*It is so expensive to replace, I might as well buy a new/used apple watch, which I don't really want to do.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 4

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:54 PM

Yes, you will have pay for a repair, which really isn't a repair as Apple will take the watch and for $229 (Aluminum) or $249 (Stainless), give you a like new watch of the exact model you own.

I would not spend that much money on an out of date watch. It would, to me, be a smarter investment to get a new watch, which is modern and can run the latest WatchOS versions. A brand new, modern Apple Watch SE starts at $279. And the absolute newest, just released Apple Watch 7, starts at $399.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 3:54 PM in response to slkid2k5

Yes, you will have pay for a repair, which really isn't a repair as Apple will take the watch and for $229 (Aluminum) or $249 (Stainless), give you a like new watch of the exact model you own.

I would not spend that much money on an out of date watch. It would, to me, be a smarter investment to get a new watch, which is modern and can run the latest WatchOS versions. A brand new, modern Apple Watch SE starts at $279. And the absolute newest, just released Apple Watch 7, starts at $399.

Cracked Apple Watch Screen//Unable to Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.