Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is a disaster on iOS 15, how get back old Safari 14.x?

What mess. Where are my favorites when I open a new page?! They seem gone. I used that all the time to quickly jump to a web site. Now a new tab show, pages open on my Mac and other iOS device?!

Disaster!

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 8:58 PM

You can customize the start page for Safari on your iPhone with iOS 15 or newer. On the new tab page, scroll down to the bottom and tap edit. If you'd like, you can move Favorites to the top and turn off suggestions from your other devices.

If you want to move the address bar back to the top of Safari, you can change this in Safari settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 8:58 PM in response to Ataraxy01

You can customize the start page for Safari on your iPhone with iOS 15 or newer. On the new tab page, scroll down to the bottom and tap edit. If you'd like, you can move Favorites to the top and turn off suggestions from your other devices.

If you want to move the address bar back to the top of Safari, you can change this in Safari settings.

Nov 13, 2021 8:14 AM in response to Ataraxy01

Actually, it was an update bug. After the update none of these options were available! The next morning, they were.

Ugh. Apple needs some consistent adult supervision on the software update teams. It is Apples biggest Achilles heal and they do not see it because, nobody cares about little catastrophic bugs in the updates.

Apple needs better update software that is better managed and better made and kept up to date.

Consequence of this update bug for me? As I searched for a fix, I lost all my open windows on the iPad. Never to be recovered again.

Dec 2, 2021 8:57 PM in response to Ataraxy01

We only got the upgrade in Australia this week. I did the iPhone first because it is, after all, a phone. The new system seemed okay but then I don't use Safari on my iPhone ... after all it is a phone. Last night I upgraded my iPad and ....... you are right. A complete DISASTER! Like you, I have spent years setting up a complex set of bookmarks in folders, including journal articles, apps for journals that I subscribe to ... all sat as ICONS on my safari home page. I am disabled, including physical limitations, and the >200 folders and icons have all disappeared. Safari is a critical tool on my iPad which is my go-to device for all personal activity including all reading. My business stuff remains on my iMac where I can fortunately bypass tabs. SO, a blank page with the word EDIT sitting there is not a start page for me. Is there any real way of getting back what I had?

Safari is a disaster on iOS 15, how get back old Safari 14.x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.